I created this salad last night as a complement to baja-seasoned shrimp tacos with cilantro lime rice. It works wonderfully as a taco filler, salsa or a side dish. If you’re feeling adventurous, add diced avocado drizzled with lime and/or a can of black beans (drained and rinsed, of course!).
2 Ears of Corn, shucked
1 tsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light spread
2 Large Vine-Ripe Tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced into 1″ strips
1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced into 1″ strips
1/2 Large Yellow Onion, cut into 1/4″-thick half-moon slices
1 Large Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (leave some seeds in for added heat)
1/2 C Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (to taste)
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Rub ears of corn with a small amount of I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter, taking care to spread it thinly and evenly. Tear off two sheets of aluminum foil, place ears on each piece and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Roll up the corn in foil, twisting the ends to seal. Place on the grill for 20 minutes, turning every 5-10 minutes.
2. Coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion on pan, spray with a fine mist of cooking spray and sprinkle peppers on top. Sprinkle with black pepper and a pinch of kosher salt. Grill peppers and onions for 8-15 minutes until slightly charred and crispy.
3. Remove corn from grill and discard aluminum foil and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. Chop the tomato, cilantro, and jalapeno. Coarsely chop the grilled peppers and onions.
4. Using a large bowl as a reservoir, cut corn off the cob. Add tomato, peppers, cilantro, olive oil and jalapeno, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Stir the salad and have a taste…Add more pepper and salt, as needed. Enjoy!
- Quick Summer Side Dishes (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Grilled Avocado and Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Quesadillas and Corn Salad! (mybikramyogalife.wordpress.com)