Turkey Gorgonzola Burgers
In true Forth of July fashion, I’d like to share one of my favorite burger recipes that I found on WomensHealthMag.com. Brace yourself for a kick of flavor!
The distinct, sharp flavor of the Gorgonzola complements the robustness of the sun-dried tomatoes. Generously pile on the cabbage or baby spinach and top with a tomato slice to balance the intense flavor.
If you’re eating alone, wrap up four to five raw patties in parchment paper and place in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. Thaw for three to four hours before grilling.
1 lb lean ground turkey
3 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, chopped
½ C sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp vegetable oil
6 100% whole grain buns
6 T barbeque sauce
6 T mustard (honey mustard or Dijon are my faves)
Shredded cabbage or baby spinach
2 medium tomatoes, thickly cut into 6 slices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium. Combine turkey, Gorgonzola, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and cumin powder in a bowl. Lightly mix together and form into 6 patties. To seal in the juiciness, brush with EVOO and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Grill burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until slightly charred and internal temp is 165 degrees F.
- Toast buns for 2 minutes. Place burger on bun, top with a heaping pile of greens and a slice of tomato. Serve with barbeque sauce and mustard, if desired.
Makes 6 servings. 293 cal, 11 g fat (4 sat), 27 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 545 mg sodium, 26 g protein.
- Ultimate Salsa (seacreatively.wordpress.com)
- Cheese of the Week – Gorgonzola (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful burgers (What I Ate: Day 10 & 14) (thehappiestplate.com)
Posted on July 4, 2012, in Food, Grilled, Recipes, Sandwiches & Burgers and tagged barbeque sauce, Black pepper, Bun, burgers, cooking, fourth of july, Gorgonzola, grilled, grilling, healthy burgers, July, Kosher salt, Mustard, Olive oil, recipe, sandwich, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato, turkey gorgonzola burger, womenshealthmag.com. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.