Short on time? This recipe is similar to my Strawberry Banana Bread recipe, but uses boxed banana bread mix for a shortcut. I’ve found that Trader Joe’s Banana Bread Mix has the best flavor.
Fear not: this bread is equally addicting as the homemade version. No one will know that you took this clever shortcut. Be mindful of how much stirring takes place when the ingredients are mixed–too much mixing leads to a sponge-like texture that tastes a little funky.
1 box Trader Joes Banana Bread Mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
¾ C water
1 ripe banana, one half mashed; the other half sliced into thin discs.
1 C fresh strawberries, diced (previously frozen strawberries can be used as well)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine banana bread mix and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine water, applesauce, mashed banana and eggs, mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until evenly combined. Gently fold in ¾ C strawberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and top with ¼ C strawberries and banana slices, pressing gently into them very gently into the surface of the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. When cool, serve with sliced strawberries, whipped cream or your favorite toppings.
- Strawberry Banana Bread (seacreatively.wordpress.com)
- Lightened Up French Toast (seacreatively.wordpress.com)
- Meals for Mondays – Easy Banana Bread (momsformoms.wordpress.com)