If I’m lacking inspiration for dinner, I turn to the classic spinach salad. Smoky grilled veggies are a nice contrast to fresh spinach, steamed corn and tangy homemade balsamic dressing. Pair this salad with grilled sweet potato fries, Parmesan crusted chicken or portobello and broccoli quiche with tempeh.
2-3 C Baby Spinach
1 1/2 Sliced Red Bell Pepper (strips should be about 1/8″-1/4″)
1 Onion, cut in half & vertically sliced into 1/4″ strips
2-4 large Crimini Mushrooms, coarsely chopped (or 1/2 Portobello mushroom, coarsely chopped)
1/2 C Corn Kernels, steamed
1/4 C Cucumber, sliced into discs, then quartered.
1 tsp Fresh Basil, chopped
About 1 T Feta Crumbles
Nonstick Cooking Spray
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Pinch of Kosher Salt
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Place onion and bell peppers on a grill pan sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle black pepper and a pinch of kosher salt over veggies to taste.
2. Grill 10-12 minutes, tossing with tongs every few minutes until crispy. Sprinkle mushrooms onto grill pan after about 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove veggies from grill.
3. Place spinach in a large bowl. Combine oil and vinegar, pour over spinach and toss to coat.
4. Add grilled veggies and corn, and toss until combined.
5. Sprinkle with feta, basil and cucumber. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper, toss to combine and serve!
- Five Easy Recipe Ideas for Memorial Day Weekend (omgyummy.com)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Fries (seacreatively.wordpress.com)
- grilled cauliflower & spinach salad (cooking-spree.com)