This fourth-generation family recipe is one of my favorites. Simple, wholesome ingredients come together to create a highly addicting egg casserole. I prefer to keep it simple, but sausage or bacon can be added into the mix.
- 10 slices of white bread, crust removed
- 1/2 lb Velveeta Cheese
- 1/4 lb Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 2 C Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Remove crust from bread and cube into 1/2″ sections.
2. Place in greased glass casserole dish.
3. Microwave Velveeta cheese and butter in a medium-sized bowl until melted. Pour cheesy mixture over bread.
4. Beat six eggs with two cups of milk and pour over bread. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake egg mixture at 350 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours, until edges are golden and eggs are fluffy.