I cannot resist a good dessert; no matter how much of a health nut I may be, I never deny myself an indulgence. Everything in moderation, right?
I had some mini marshmallows on hand that were begging to be put to use, so I turned to my Pinterest recipe board. I was on a mission for something sweet, melty and crunchy, with just a touch of saltiness. The result? Sinful, decadent s’mores candy!
Beware…this dessert is almost TOO good!
14 Sheets of Graham Cracker
1/2 – 3/4 C Butter (more for gooey-er candy)
1/2 – 3/4 C Brown Sugar (ditto on the comment above)
3 Hershey Bars, broken into pieces
1/3-1/2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3 C Mini Marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, leaving 1″ overhang on each end (I used several layers of foil to prevent any gooey deliciousness from coating the pan itself). Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Line sheet with graham crackers, breaking any pieces to fit the full pan.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir continuously until mixture comes to a boil, about 4-6 minutes.
4. Immediately remove from heat and pour mixture over graham crackers. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until bubbly.
5. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle marshmallows, Hershey squares and chocolate chips evenly over the crackers.
6. Return pan to oven and bake for 4-6 minutes, until marshmallows are puffy. For a “toasted over a campfire” taste, broil for an additional 45-60 seconds, until marshmallows are golden.
7. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely before slicing with a pizza cutter. For best storage, wrap individual squares in sections of waxed paper.
- Happy National Toasted Marshmallow Day! – Chocolate Marshmallow Puffs (alittlebitme.com)
- Let’s Make Marshmallows! (abeautifulmess.com)
- 9 ooey, gooey, fantastic s’mores recipes. (Is it summer without them?) (coolmompicks.com)